• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Journalism, Amateur Radio, Astronomy, History, Literature, Music, Photography, Gardening, Conservation, Birdwatching, Tortoises.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:57 PM

Hi Guys,

Billiejo was taken out of hibernation today. :wub: 

Glad to say she has made it successfully through another hibernation, her 34th with me. Needless to say I was very relieved.

With the bad weather we've been experiencing here I decided to leave her for an another week or two, so it was a long hibernation for her. She is indoors at the moment and coming around. I will put her outside when the weather improves and when her new enclosure is complete. Hope you are all keeping well and that all your torts are fine. :)

Take care. Talk soon.

Kind Regards

Freddy

#2 pam

pam

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:06 PM

Glad to hear all went well, I agree its such a relief when you get them up, I got Daisy up last weekend after doing 12 weeks, just waiting for the weather now to start improve now.

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

Hi Freddy,

It's good to hear Billiejo is up and doing well. :)  hopefully the weather will be better soon. :)

#4 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

Hi, Freddy, great news Billie-Jo is up, well done on another successful hibernation. Let's hope now for a good, warm summer to get our torts energised and active. Hoping all's well with you and yours.

#5 Beermat89

Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:19 PM

Great news Freddy :)

#6 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Walking, circuit training, reading, volunteering with The Leicester and Rutland Wildlife Trust and looking after my menagerie of 3 cats, a leopard gecko, a 23 year old corn snake, Maddie the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, my 5 year old Hermann tortoise, Norman and my 2 year old, Hazel. :)

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

Welcome back Billiejo. Brilliant news that she is up again with another successful hibernation behind her. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users