6 replies to this topic

#1 emasen

emasen

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Sewing, Reading, knitting, gym-workout, family-time🍷

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

We only collected little Sterling yesterday but now I fully understand how nutty you lot are about your torts.. I've totally fallen in love with her, I didn't want to leave her & go to bed last night!! 😜
When placed in her new home yesterday she quickly found the heat source, once warmed up, she paced one side of the enclosure for quite some time before eventually burying down into the corner with her bottom proudly exposed into the air for the night!! 🙈
This morning she woke shortly after we switched her lamps on, we let her warm up for 1/2 hour then weighed & bathed her & reweighed her again she gained 1g.
She found her food this afternoon & has had a good nibble🌸🍃🌱🌺

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

She is lovely Tracey. In the last picture is she thinking 'how many more pictures is this mad woman going to take'. I agree, you can't take your eyes off them. Now you will be able to debate with your non tort keeping friends when they say ' tortoises don't do anything'!!! X x x xhugs x x x

#3 emasen

emasen

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

Hi Stella I think I've just become totally obsessed with her, I've been videoing her when ever she's moved, I've taken a godzillion photos.. I'm even thinking I need to go buy a decent camera for better close up shots😀

Attached Files

#4 Guest_Stella_*

Guest_Stella_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

Oh dear Tracey..... You are besotted!!!!! Welcome to the club !! X. X hugs x x

#5 vikki01

vikki01

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Animals
    Countryside
    Walking
    Reading

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

Besotted - understandably!!! She is gorgeous :)

My camera and laptop are full of Herbie pictures - he is slowly catching up with the dogs but they really do have hundreds of photos - I am sure the laptop memory will soon be full and will have to buy a new one just for the photos!!! I am sure you will be in the same boat soon :laugh:

Vikki.

#6 emasen

emasen

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

Hi Vikki, it's crazy isn't it, I mentioned to my husband about setting up a "Tortcam" he just rolled his eyes at me!! So I think I'll leave it a week or two before bringing the subject up again..

#7 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:38 AM

We only collected little Sterling yesterday but now I fully understand how nutty you lot are about your torts.. I've totally fallen in love with her, I didn't want to leave her & go to bed last night!!
When placed in her new home yesterday she quickly found the heat source, once warmed up, she paced one side of the enclosure for quite some time before eventually burying down into the corner with her bottom proudly exposed into the air for the night!!
This morning she woke shortly after we switched her lamps on, we let her warm up for 1/2 hour then weighed & bathed her & reweighed her again she gained 1g.
She found her food this afternoon & has had a good nibble

Hi Tracey,

Sterling is just gorgeous, that's it now you'll get nothing else done you'll just be watching her all day. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users