#1 emasen

emasen

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Sewing, Reading, knitting, gym-workout, family-time🍷

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

Hi all, we've had Sterling a week & she's just soo amazing😀🐢
but I have afew questions.. the first few nights she buried down but the last 3 nights she's stayed above to sleep, so last night I covered her with a handful of soil, would I be best leaving her to lay on top uncovered if that's what she chooses?
How long should we keep her in the bath as she constantly tries to climb out, keeping her in for just 10 minutes can be a struggle!
Thanks x

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:30 AM

Hi Tracey,

Does the room that your table is in get quite cool on a night, you normally find they did down better on a night with cooler temps. :)

As for bathing I don't always leave my hatchlings in for 10 minutes, I take them out when they seem to have had enough, I just make sure their substrate in the enclosure is never too dry, but nice and moist :)

#3 emasen

emasen

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:00 PM

Hi Karen, her table is in the living room which is the coolest part of the house, she settles down around 7pm while the heating is on, usually about 20c, dropping to 13/14c overnight, we thought she would bury down through the night as the temps drop, I covered her again last night with soil when we were heading to bed. Should I continue doing this?
I'll continue with her daily 10 minute baths, I've been watering her enclosure every other day too.
Thanks x

#4 emasen

emasen

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

These tortoises.. Lol . She just had a 20 minute bath & didn't try to get out once

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users