• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Woottie60

Woottie60

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

Hi my name is Gina I have been given two tortoises a year old , do they eat herbs aswell as weeds and bits. I love them to bits and really need some advice please. Thankyou

#2 JerryMaffz

JerryMaffz

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

Welcome Gina, Most people refer to "The Tortoise Table" website as a general guide. Hope this helps...http://thetortoiseta...p?thissection=6

#3 Guest_Barney_*

Guest_Barney_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

Hi Gina - and welcome! :)

I don't think most herbs are poisonous but tortoises mostly don't like them.

Have a look at the 'edible plants' and the 'suitable foods' sections of this site and like Keith I find the Tortoise Table site really good. 

#4 Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*

Guest_SueBoyle (was wizzasmum)_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:34 PM

Hi my name is Gina I have been given two tortoises a year old , do they eat herbs aswell as weeds and bits. I love them to bits and really need some advice please. Thankyou

Hi Gina, it depends on what you call herbs, many of the plants they eat are classed as herbs. Common or garden sage, thyme, rosemary etc though are all a bit strong flavoured, so they will only tend to have a little nibble. They make brilliant shelter plants for little ones though. Many plants that are toxic for mammals are fine for tortoises, so just ask if you are unsure ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Feeding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users