Beermat89

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Tortoises/reptiles,fishing/football

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

Hi guys,
Im wanting to update my certs for my adults as more eggs have been laid and cant keep any more lol.im finding it sooo confusing,i know i have to get them chipped but can some please supply me with a link as its a mine field on defra's site,also once i have their papers updated is it easy to apply for certs for the hatchlings?
Regards matt

#2 JerryMaffz

JerryMaffz

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

Here's a couple of links that might be helpful

http://www.tortoise-....uk/site/82.asp

https://www.gov.uk/g...-commercial-use

#3 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

Hi guys,
Im wanting to update my certs for my adults as more eggs have been laid and cant keep any more lol.im finding it sooo confusing,i know i have to get them chipped but can some please supply me with a link as its a mine field on defra's site,also once i have their papers updated is it easy to apply for certs for the hatchlings?
Regards matt

Apply for certs on the .gov form Matt after having them chipped at the vets. You will need the chip numbers to be able to do this. Once the certs are updated, you apply using the same form for certs for the babies, which will be legal for yourself up until they are 6cm plastron length. After this size you cannot sell them or use for breeding purposes until the certs have been updated and they have been chipped the same as the parents ;) hope this makes sense ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users