• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamjarbaker

jamjarbaker

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

First off, HELLO! I realised I've already asked a couple questions (of which I got great, friendly advice) but I haven't formerly introduced myself and my shelled warrior as it were. Vera is a 4 year old rescue hermanns who suffers from super quick growth :/ and an overgrown beak. Slowly, after roughly a year I'm getting it under control :) health issues aside, she's the funniest little (well, huge really) tortoise with a bizarre personality. She'll stroll on up to you and won't be satisfied until she's had a chin stroke and climbed the mountain that is my legs :D we'd like to simply say hello and tanks for all the help (already and in the future):P
The photo on the ball is how she enjoys to sleep (she has a large table now)

Attached Files

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:33 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Vera is lovely, a big girl, do you have any plans on making her a permanent outside enclosure at all, as she would benefit so much from one, you wouldn't believe the difference in them when they live outside compared to been indoors, any questions you have just ask there's always someone around happy to help. :)

#3 jamjarbaker

jamjarbaker

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:11 PM

In terms of outside enclosure is that at night too or just the day and do I need artificial heating out there? Thanks for being so friendly and helpful :)

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:32 AM

In terms of outside enclosure is that at night too or just the day and do I need artificial heating out there? Thanks for being so friendly and helpful :)

Hi yes both day and night, it's not a good idea taking them out through the day and bringing them back indoors on a night, their better been outside 24/7 but yes you will need some form of heat outside for cooler days, mine live outside 24/7 but the do have a heated shed to help with this. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users