• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LittlefootTheRussian

LittlefootTheRussian

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:01 AM

Hello everyone! It has been awhile since we've chatted, I wanted to update you all and tell you Littlefoot is doing wonderful. Hes really settled in and as a new tortoise owner I can now say I understand what I'm doing  :P I put in a picture in case you want to see how he looks. :)

Now, the even better, possibly scary news.

I've had my tort for a little over two years now, and I think I am ready for another, there is another russian at my local humane shelter, and I was wanting to give him a home. I know it probably would not be best to keep them housed together, since they are both males, and I would most likely get another enclosure for him. He does not have a name, and looks healthy when I went to look at him. I would love to get your advice on housing him and Littlefoot, as well as if its a good idea overall, with how much they cost and how much time put in.

Thanks, Hannah

Attached Files

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

Hi Hannah,

It's good to hear Littlefoot is doing well. :)

It's really your choice to get the new tortoise or not, you would just need to think about space really and if you have enough for two big enclosures inside and outdoors, some times two males live quite happy together but they do need a lot of space to do this, before trying them together though you would need to quarantine the new tortoise from Littlefoot for a good year just to make sure every things ok, let us know how you get on  :)

#3 LittlefootTheRussian

LittlefootTheRussian

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

I would love to adopt another little fella, and I know I would have to keep them separate for a little while, I love tortoises so much, as I assume all of you do as well :wub:  

I think I'm going to hold off with adopting another tortoise for now. I'm trying to major in Zoology right now and don't think I will have the time nor money to take on another. Possibly in the future :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users