• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamjarbaker

jamjarbaker

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:39 PM

So Vera's first ever hibernation is finished and she's perfectly fine *touch wood*
I woke her up gradually, she had a long soak and is currently chowing down on some lambs lettuce (I think it's safe to assume she's hungry)! We almost managed 12 weeks but woke her up a week early because the temps are fluctuating so much at the minute (so 11 weeks ) 😀 Very pleased she's back!!!

Until it warms up she's going to be in her indoor table. She's not going to be best pleased I imagine 😂

Attached Files

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:10 AM

Hi,

That's brilliant, 11 weeks is great for her 1st hibernation. :) she's lovely, hopefully she wont be in the table too long and we get some good weather this year. :)

#3 gizmosmum

gizmosmum

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, narrowboats,

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:09 AM

Not looking forward to having molly indoors when she wakes. Last time she was in for a weekend she was literally climbing the walls. Roll on spring!!

#4 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:30 AM

That's great news, congratulations on a successful hibernation.
Harry's due up in five weeks; it'll be great to have him back, I miss him so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users