• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deannastortoise

deannastortoise

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:54 AM

he is young , reported as months old but he is 55 grams and his shell is 16 cm from front to back so I feel he maybe older that a few months. I have been feeding him a mix of baby greens 'lettuce\ and various weeds from the garden so i feel the variety of foods is good. he has calcium every meal and new light meant for dessert lizards, his home is an ikea shelf unit so he has lots of walking room. any advise welcome as it is confusing and difficult to  get good advice in Victoria BC Canada

I JUST LOOK AT  A CHART AND HE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ON IT AT all and that seems a little odd as he looks a beautiful shape with no pyramiding  of misshapen spots.

#2 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:32 PM

Yes you can easily feed too much. When you think in the wild they will have to walk a long way to find food, they will become obese if fed from a dish daily with not having any work to do. Are you sure your measurements are correct. 55 grams is tiny, but 16cms is adult size if male and sub adult for female. Can you add pics please, so we can help further?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users