Photo

Tortoise Table For Two Hermann Babies (Work In In Progress...)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:My interests: Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Also metaphysics and the 12 universal laws.

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

Hi everyone

I am progressing with the preparation for the arrival of the two 1 year oold Hermann babies.

The tortoise table is nearly done - It is made of 4 plastic boxed linked together, in non-toxic plastic, heat resistant and no toxic fumes. The plastic is not see-through and the color is beige.

Each box is about 70cm x 70cm, so all in the babies will have about 2 square meters of space. The boxes will be easy to put in the garden and link together with the same set-up as indoor.

The boxes have holes so that a mesh wire can be attached on the top for protection. There are also holes to attach the boxes together.

Indoors I put the boxes on two toddlers bed frames.

Next step: fill in the tortoise table with soil, coco coir, bridges, carex plants, stones, drift woods, Megaray lamp, may be also some spot lights depending on the level of natural light.

Attached Files

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:04 AM

Hi,

I like the idea of using the bedframes, you may need to add extra light you'll see when you have the rest set up, I look forward to seeing more pictures when you have it filled and lights fitted. :)

#3 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

Love the fact it can be transported outdoors in sections. Brilliant idea, it will keep them happy for a few years :)

#4 Lance

Lance

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:53 PM

Looks like they will enjoy it for years to come Good luck finishing it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users