• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aud7

aud7

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:26 PM

Hi. Could someone please post a close up photo of their Hermann tortoise's legs. I can't help but notice that the skin on my tortoise's legs is thick and scaly (for want of the correct terminology) til about his knees then the scales seem to become scarcer and scarcer getting to the point where there are no scales for the last centimeter or so before where his legs meet his shell. I can't help but wonder if this is normal? Please excuse my ignorance and any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

Hi. Could someone please post a close up photo of their Hermann tortoise's legs. I can't help but notice that the skin on my tortoise's legs is thick and scaly (for want of the correct terminology) til about his knees then the scales seem to become scarcer and scarcer getting to the point where there are no scales for the last centimeter or so before where his legs meet his shell. I can't help but wonder if this is normal? Please excuse my ignorance and any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Could you post a picture and we'll have a look sounds normal though. :)

#3 aud7

aud7

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:28 PM

Sorry but i cant figure out how to post a photo having taken it with my mobile phone and accessing the forum using my mobile phone. Technology is not my thing. I can only apologise for my ignorance.

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:23 AM

Sorry but i cant figure out how to post a photo having taken it with my mobile phone and accessing the forum using my mobile phone. Technology is not my thing. I can only apologise for my ignorance.

Your ok it's not mine either :lol:  I haven't quite worked out how to attach them from my phone just yet, maybe someone will know. :)

Your more than welcome to email me the picture on mildredsmam@hotmail.co.uk if that helps. :)

#5 JenB

JenB

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:I have two children, both girls (aged 12 years and 18mths)
    I am an A and E nurse in Manchester and love every minute of it.

Love camping, cycling and anything fun and exciting.

We have two cats, Marilyn and Jimmy and now our new addition Hank the tortoise!

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:30 AM

Hi, if you scroll down on your phone to the comments box, just underneath it says 'full version'. Click that and it opens up the normal page as if using a pc. You can then add pictures to your posts xx

#6 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:18 PM

Sounds perfectly normal, if they had scales up to their necks they wouldn't have any flexibility. Here is one of my hatchlings.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users