Netcam And Remote Control Switch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:My interests: Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Also metaphysics and the 12 universal laws.

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

Hello

I bought some additional equipment for the enclosure of the Hermann babies, and I thought I'd share my experience on these with you

1) Netcam 

Name: Belkin netcam F7D7602uk

Link: http://www.belkin.co...in/p/P-F7D7602/

Bought at Currys

Why did i bought them: to watch the tortoises remotely and also check if they are not on their back, if they eat, drink when i am away, generally check on their their behaviour intermittently.

My comments: can watch from computer outside home. From mobile (using cellular data) initially it did not work, but now it works. From mobile with Wifi it works fine. Easy set-up.

2) Switches that you can control remotely from your phone and you can also set-up rules on times (basically like a normal timer)

Name: Belkin Wemo Switch

Link: http://www.belkin.co...027/p/P-F7C027/

Bought at Currys

Why did i bought them: for the heat lamps and the UV strip lamp

My comments: easy to set-up, it works with wifi and cellular/mobile network, so I can control them when i am away from home. For example if i see one of tortoises on its back with the netcam and it is under a heat lamp i can switch off the lamp remotely.

Pictures of Netcam and of what i can see from it are below.

Sabina

Attached Files

#2 terrypin

terrypin

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:36 AM

Just spotted this post at the weekend . I am very interested in both items . I did follow the link and feel this would be a fair price. Not easy to find in Jersey what with not having a Curry's over here. Although my son-inlaw works for a local electronics retailer so I am hoping these may be available at a similar price through him. My Meds only use their table in the shed for about 3 months of the year the rest either in hibernation or in their outside pen. I do still have 2 young Leopards who spend nights in the house and even in the summer when the weather is poor they don't go out. Something like this would work for them all year in the shed. where I could check the activity levels when I am not there and of course control it by turning on and off as needed. Thanks again for this post things have moved on since the days of my old B&W CCTV system.

#3 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

They're available on Amazon, Terry, I've just looked.

#4 terrypin

terrypin

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:15 AM

They're available on Amazon, Terry, I've just looked.

Thank you Graham looks like my Christmas pressie to me sorted.

#5 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:My interests: Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Also metaphysics and the 12 universal laws.

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:04 AM

The arm the holds the netcam was bought separately, it is made to hold a mobile phone but it worked for my purposes because I can clamp/clip it on the indoor enclosure.
Sabina

#6 terrypin

terrypin

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

The arm the holds the netcam was bought separately, it is made to hold a mobile phone but it worked for my purposes because I can clamp/clip it on the indoor enclosure.
Sabina

Thank you will I bear that in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users