Where Can I Find This Greenhouse In The Uk

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:My interests: Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Also metaphysics and the 12 universal laws.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

Hello

Does anyone know where I can find this greenhouse in the UK?

http://www.chelonium.de/

Thank you

Sabina

#2 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:49 PM

Hi, Sabina,
I've seen this asked on forums before, and it appears that there isn't a UK distributor. However, I'm pretty sure the company will export to you; if you email them at info@samenkiste.de they will provide you with a quote for shipping costs. The company is based in Germany, but someone there is sure to speak English.
If not, go to www.imtranslate.net, type your email in the box, and it will automatically translate it to German. Then copy&paste, and email it to them.
Let us know how you get on.

#3 pompeypoole

pompeypoole

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

Yes let us know how you get on. I have wanted one of these cold frames for some time. I know that some individuals have had one imported, but they are expensive.

#4 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:My interests: Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Also metaphysics and the 12 universal laws.

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:56 PM

I contacted them (info@samenkiste.de) and today they replied to me that they do not sell to customers outside Germany, even if i arrange the shipment by myself. They said this is because of some regulations in Germany. The explanations were not very clear because of language barrier, but it is a definite no for them to sell to people outside Deutschland!

The good thing (at least for me) is they are located close to the borders of France and I am French, so I will be able to go to their warehouse when i go to France and get what i need and bring it back to the UK.

They can see you at their warehouse only on a prearranged date and it has to be a Tuesday from 5:30pm to 9:30pm.

So motivation to get one of their cold frames must be real :))

Sabina

#5 pompeypoole

pompeypoole

Tortoise Member

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

I am sure it will be worth the effort. Thanks for sharing this information. I have visited their Web site on several occasions and had to give up because of the lack of translation into English.

#6 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:32 AM

The alternative would be this:

http://www.landschil...uehbeet-alltop/   You can translate with google to to get the specs of hte cold frame. This website says UVs go through.

https://www.amazon.d...se-bin=Beckmann

https://www.amazon.d...coop_bw_c_x_2_w

https://www.amazon.d...ASIN=B004MRQFE2

Just further edits after i posted this one: Amazon Germany do not deliver this product to the UK. Plus on Amazon Germany the description says the UVs do not go through. So the information is contradictory.

Sabina

#7 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

Other link on Beckman Coutler cold frames on amazon UK, BUT the description says that they don't let UVs through. They are also on ebay.

https://www.amazon.c...mann cold frame

Sabina

#8 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

Other link on Beckman Coutler cold frames on amazon UK, BUT the description says that they don't let UVs through. They are also on ebay.

https://www.amazon.c...mann cold frame

Sabina

They look like really good quality frames, much better than the wooden framed ones. If used in conjunction with access to outdoors or open topped, it's not such a big deal that they don't let uv through. You can still supplement with d3 for bad weather periods when the little ones wanted to stay under the shelter ;)

#9 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

Alright, good news, i browsed on a good French tortoise forum, there i found another supplier called Hoklarthem GmbH.

I emailed them and they confirmed they ship worldwide.

The plexiglass that allows 60% UV to go through is called "plexiglass Alltop". They do that.

This is what they replied to me:

"thank you for your request. Yes, we ship worldwide. Please see attached our houses for tortoises. Let me know your postal address and which you are interested in and we can make you an offer.

Of course we also have bigger greenhouses which can be used for tortoises as well, I could send you the whole catalog by post."

Please find attached the document they sent to me on their cold frames for tortoises. It is in German though, translation is easy and i managed to understand what i am interested in.

- Flora 100 pre-assembled with plexiglas Alltop on the 4 sides + on top cover

- Automatic window lifter for the top.

Sabina

Attached Files

#10 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

Thank you Sue. That makes 100% sense too.

Sabina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users