• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Punit

Punit

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

I am staying in kuwait and we brought 4 years old tortoise last week. We are confuse how to take care so require forum help for it to get answer for following questions.
Kuwait climate is extreme but indoor climate can be controlled thru centralize ac and heater
1) what is ideal room temperature for tortoise for indoor ?
2) Can tortoise move in room on floor or Do it require keep him in wooden table
3) what type of light and heat will be ideal ?
4) He is constantly sleeping and not much active is that normal or it is matter of worries?
5) enclosing photo to confirm that it is hermann tortoise

Attached Files

#2 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:My interests: Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Also metaphysics and the 12 universal laws.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

Hey, just read your post and saw the pictures.
I am fairly new in the world of torts but from the pics your tortoise does not look like Hermann one.
Sabina

#3 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:My interests: Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Also metaphysics and the 12 universal laws.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

It looks like a Graeca tortoise (Testudo Graeca).

#4 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:32 AM

I am staying in kuwait and we brought 4 years old tortoise last week. We are confuse how to take care so require forum help for it to get answer for following questions.
Kuwait climate is extreme but indoor climate can be controlled thru centralize ac and heater
1) what is ideal room temperature for tortoise for indoor ?
2) Can tortoise move in room on floor or Do it require keep him in wooden table
3) what type of light and heat will be ideal ?
4) He is constantly sleeping and not much active is that normal or it is matter of worries?
5) enclosing photo to confirm that it is hermann tortoise

Hi, welcome to the forum.

It's not good to have a tortoise just walking around on the floor they do require a wooden table filled with soil and a heat lamp, they also need uv when indoors you can bulbs that do both heat and uv together or have separate ones, if he has no heat at the minute then he will constantly sleep and not be active he also wont eat, tortoises must have heat when indoors to warm them up through the day on a night their fine with no heat at all, if you don't have a heat lamp on him then you need one asap, hope that helps. x

#5 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

It looks like a Graeca tortoise (Testudo Graeca).

Yes, is one of the graeca species and looks like a WC one. Care is the same as hermanns, as close to wild habitat as possible ;)

#6 Punit

Punit

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

Thanks all for information and guidance. I will work on wooden table n light n heating
Another thing which i notice now a day that he is opening one eye and othee eye is not open and has some discharge kindly let me know what should i do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users