#1 Joe Westerman

Joe Westerman

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:kayaking, walking, rock climbing, my tortoise and my dog

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hi Everyone, 

My tortoise (tank) has dug down and buried himself in the topsoil, he has been there for two day. I bathed him on Sunday and he was awake and walking about when i left him. Where he has buried himself is under the heat lamp which is 30-32.3 degrees and 17-20 in the other part of his enclosure. Both the Lights come on at 7.30 - 7 so a good 11 Hours and a half of light.

I know he has not moved because the food that we put down is not being eaten, I've moved him up to my mums house till we move into our new house, so i think that it maybe that? or do you think his wanting to hibernate? 

I am going to check on him tomorrow morning and if his still buried ill take a picture and upload it, then ill be mean bath him.

Any advice would be lovely, 

Thanks in advance,

Joe 

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:27 AM

Hi Everyone, 

My tortoise (tank) has dug down and buried himself in the topsoil, he has been there for two day. I bathed him on Sunday and he was awake and walking about when i left him. Where he has buried himself is under the heat lamp which is 30-32.3 degrees and 17-20 in the other part of his enclosure. Both the Lights come on at 7.30 - 7 so a good 11 Hours and a half of light.

I know he has not moved because the food that we put down is not being eaten, I've moved him up to my mums house till we move into our new house, so i think that it maybe that? or do you think his wanting to hibernate? 

I am going to check on him tomorrow morning and if his still buried ill take a picture and upload it, then ill be mean bath him.

Any advice would be lovely, 

Thanks in advance,

Joe 

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the late reply, you would be best waking your tortoise daily and bathing and feeding him as under the heat lamp is not the best place for him to dig down, other than this you still have time to hibernate him if you would like. x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users