Thanks To Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vicmurg

Vicmurg

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Exotic gardening, tropical fish keeping and of course my Hermann Tortoise (Darwin)

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:15 PM

Hi all, just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone who has offered their expert advice, guidance and support on here, my Darwin successfully went through his first hibernation (10 weeks) only losing 1 gram after his wind down from start at 617grams to finish at 616grams, I followed advice from you guys despite my nerves and it paid off, he was eating and drinking just 2 hours after coming out and rambling around happily after his time in the fridge, I will keep all my hibernation notes and fortnightly weights that I gathered for next year where hopefully all being well I will have to miss him for 12 weeks (planning on increasing slowly)
Thanks again x

#2 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

That's brilliant news. Bet you are feeling much better now :)

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

Hi all, just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone who has offered their expert advice, guidance and support on here, my Darwin successfully went through his first hibernation (10 weeks) only losing 1 gram after his wind down from start at 617grams to finish at 616grams, I followed advice from you guys despite my nerves and it paid off, he was eating and drinking just 2 hours after coming out and rambling around happily after his time in the fridge, I will keep all my hibernation notes and fortnightly weights that I gathered for next year where hopefully all being well I will have to miss him for 12 weeks (planning on increasing slowly)
Thanks again x

Hi, that's brilliant news and well done, I bet your glad to have Darwin back up. :) 

#4 Graham

Graham

Advanced Tortoise Member

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Looking after my Harry, of course, birdwatching, writing articles for my professional journal, Taekwon-Do, going to the ballet, eating out, holidaying in Scotland with my wife.

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:10 AM

That's great news; well done on your successful hibernation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users