• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 charlotte

charlotte

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

Hiya, wanted a quick bit of expert advice. My partners built a new table for my torts over the past two days and was looking at replacing my bulbs and wanted to know if this is suitable. Thanks in advance xxAttached File  Screenshot_20170216-200533.png   148.71KB   0 downloads

#2 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

Personally I use the mega ray bulbs, but so long as you get the correct wattage, this will do the job. I'd not go for the 80 watt as this might not give a good enough heat spot. How big is your table?

#3 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:44 AM

I also use the Mega-ray bulbs i find them really good. :)   http://www.megaray.c...6cdff047acf9eb8

#4 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:My interests: Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Also metaphysics and the 12 universal laws.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

I use Megaray 100w bulbs too.

I bought the bulbs straight from the Megaray website. One of the bulbs stopped working after two months and they replaced it for free. That was a one-off faulty bulb. Since then the bulbs have worked perfectly. They are good quality and big enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users