Photo

Ideal Enclosure For A 10 Month Old Hermanns?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jaysparks

jaysparks

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:30 AM

I was told that if I use a tortoise table it will loose heat and humidity. what have you guys used?

#2 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

Hi, i use a tortoise table i always have from the day they hatch untill they go outside, a tortoise just needs a basking spot which is under the lamp to warm up the rest of the table needs to be different temperatures so they have the choice of where they want to be, what are you using now. :) 

#3 jaysparks

jaysparks

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:43 AM

Hi, i use a tortoise table i always have from the day they hatch untill they go outside, a tortoise just needs a basking spot which is under the lamp to warm up the rest of the table needs to be different temperatures so they have the choice of where they want to be, what are you using now. :)

I had a tortoise table but I have since moved to a large rabbit cage that is 120 x 58 I've seen people here using the same style of set up. I'm asking because people from the 'tortoise forum' said that my enclosure is not suitable because it wont keep the humidity and heat.http://imgur.com/a/s3Tsdthis is the current set up

#4 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:My interests: Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Also metaphysics and the 12 universal laws.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:57 AM

Hello
Thank you for the picture. It is quite dark and hard to see the inside of the cage

Please do you mind posting some other pictures?

Thank you

Sabina

#5 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

I had a tortoise table but I have since moved to a large rabbit cage that is 120 x 58 I've seen people here using the same style of set up. I'm asking because people from the 'tortoise forum' said that my enclosure is not suitable because it wont keep the humidity and heat.http://imgur.com/a/s3Tsdthis is the current set up

Hi are your lights off in there or is it just black ceramic heaters your using. :) 

#6 jaysparks

jaysparks

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

Hi are your lights off in there or is it just black ceramic heaters your using. :)

The light is off these were taken last night at around 7pm. My tortoise goes to bed at 5 and wakes up at 6-7. I dont used the CHE. I bought it just to have it for the winter.

#7 jaysparks

jaysparks

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

Hi are your lights off in there or is it just black ceramic heaters your usinI 

I forgot to mention that the lights come on at 7 am or 6 am. I keep an eye on him all day as I work from home it is not a problem for me. 

#8 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

I think your enclosures fine, the only thing i would say is to move the heat lamp over a bit more to one end so you have a warm end and a cool end, does the light give off enough light to light up the cage and have you took the temp under it. :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users