2 replies to this topic

#1 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:02 AM

For any one new to keeping tortoises I think you'll find this book a great help, it shows you which weeds are good to feed and also helps you id them, really worth getting a copy.  :)   https://www.facebook...oisePlantsBook/

#2 wizzasmum

wizzasmum

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Tortoise keeping and breeding
    Gardening
    Greyhound rescue
    Reading
    Walking
    Travelling

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

I can’t recommend this little book enough. It’s well researched by the author and because it’s not based on high profit is well affordable. No need to go searching through hundreds of garden plants, as all you need for a healthy tortoise diet is right here. All easily sustainable in your garden or tortoise enclosure.

#3 babettebeau

babettebeau

Advanced Tortoise Member

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Naturopathic nutrition, biology, physiology and biochemistry, Iyengar yoga, meditation and mindfulness, swimming, food, cooking, baking, growing flowers and plants, nature in general, travel. Metaphysics and the Universal Laws, which are above the "human made" laws.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

Yes i agree. I was a total newbie 18 months ago and this book (first edition) totally helped me to identify, learn and remember the plants and flowers for the tortoises and that you find in the UK. Also helped me to provide varied diet to the tortoises. The descriprion and pictures are very detailed and accurate, provides helpful written descriptions/exppanations etc...for example when they are available, which parts to feed, tortoises's favourites etc and it is a pretty book. I am going to get the second edition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users