- - - - -

Baby Bath Time...Awwwww.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:56 PM

Here is a photo of my hermanns hatchlings enjoying a lovely warm bath, their age was approx. 2 months, they are now 5 months old and have grown on very well...T.T.

#2 Guest_tortoise_mad_*

Guest_tortoise_mad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:02 AM

Well done TT, Nice looking torts

Regards

Webmaster

#3 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:27 AM

Stunning TT and such a great picture , i only bred one last year

#4 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:17 PM

Hi p1glet, cheers mate, I do have quite a good digital camera, and I have took many photos, infact I took some more today because someone emailed me wanting to see how they had progressed. Shame you only got 1 last year, better than me though, I had 6 eggs, 4 fertile, all 4 died 75% into incubation, I was most upset...T.T.

#5 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

Hi tortoise_mad, thanks mate, of coarse they are quite a lot bigger now they are that much older...T.T.

#6 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:06 AM

Lovely little ones, see you come from Kent, I think half the tort owners in the country live in the Kent area Must be the great weather you have in that corner of the UK
Arnie

#7 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:44 PM

Hi tt what do you use as a substrate for rearing you babies on
Darren

#8 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

Hi Darren, I may get a little frowned upon here mate, but when they are first born, I use paper, for a number of reasons, but the main one being that I do not want them to eat anything they shouldnt. When they are a little older, then I will use play sand and soil 50/50. But I see that a lot of people are using this Hemp, and I am thinking of giving it a try this very weekend...T.T.

#9 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

Hi arnhib, they do say that Kent is the "Garden of England", I am just glad my Torts get as much good weather as possible, cheers...T.T.

#10 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:00 PM

They look great T.T.

#11 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

So cute, great pictures, thanks:)

#12 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

Hi omare, thanks, I took some more up to date photos today, because they are approx. 3 months older now, enjoy them...T.T.

#13 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

Hi Dan, cheers mate, did you notice a couple of them were slightly darker than the others?...T.T.

#14 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:38 PM

Hi TT thats exactly how i do mine paper towel for 4 weeks get them eating etc then sand soil substrate i tried hemp this week i no its what people are useing now but sorry i don't like it going back to sand soil, its never failed me in 18yrs

#15 Guest_omare_*

Guest_omare_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:50 PM

I love tiny babies, so cute, thanks for the lovely pictures honey.:)

#16 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:05 PM

Hi Darren, So you may be giving away some Hemp then mate?! it would save me buying some though!!! Seriously though, what has put you off using the Hemp, I bet one reason would be food stickin to it?! Wow, 18 years is a very long time to be involved with Torts...T.T.

#17 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

I did notice that, is the male dark? I know the female isn't. Now I really feel old hahahahaha, 28 years with tortoises and longer with turtles.

#18 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

Hi dan, The male is very light, although he is also very old, so most of his markings have faded, (I am a firm believer in that a lot of reptile species, the young offspring take after the mother, rather than the father?). 28 years (double Wow) I am a newbie then at less than 10 years!!! I have noticed that you "view and name" quite a few owners Torts for them, could you do mine at some point in time, although most of my photos do not show the plastron.

#19 Guest_egyptiandan64_*

Guest_egyptiandan64_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:26 AM

No problem T.T. any time you want to post pictures I will do my best, but with quite a few species and subspecies I'm going to need plastron shots to be positive.
I have found the same thing with hatchlings. They almost always resemble the mother when they've gotten older.

#20 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:50 PM

Hi Dan, Ok, thanks for your offer on identification, But I do not have many plastron shots, so I may wait awhile (Adults are in hibernation till start of March)...thanks...T.T.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users