- - - - -

Baby Bath Time...Awwwww.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

TT if you lived nearer i would give it you , i have kept torts longer than 18yrs it was 18yrs ago when i changed to sand and soil, in them days it was a sin to do such a thing newspaper or shavings they where the subsrates of the day then, then suddenly sand soil became popular, well anyway now its hemp every one uses and suddenly sand soil is wrong causes all manner of problems? you can't win in this came so i thought i best follow suit or i will fall back in time! so i tried it don't like it looks un-natural is un-natural , i was proud of my set up's looked good all natural looking easy to clean maintain etc then suddenly after changeing i realised i have just turned my precious tortoise room into all i can describe a petshop for rodents. I'm sure its safe and in time i would find it really good my reason amongst a few others (sticking to food ,hatchling unable to right them selves, sticking to eyes )is it looks like a gerbil cage , i might get some stick for slateing it but i have kept tortoises for years longer than most and bred my first hatchling 19yrs ago reared over 60 spurs ,hermans and horsfields on soil sand without a problem so there you go a great big winge over nothing so back to soil and sand for me i think

#22 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:58 PM

Hi Darren, thanks for the laugh (gerbils are us!!!):) :D :D and thanks for your honesty, you did not think of doing a trial run with just a small percentage with the "Hemp" then?! Maybe I will hang back for a while, with all your knowledge, I will take your word for it, you cannot argue with experience. Although I may just try it with my older Torts??!!...T.T.

#23 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:20 PM

Awwwwwww Great pics, They are sooo Cute,:) I'm getting 5 more Hermanns next week and I cant wait.
I have been Using Hemp in my Indoor enclosure for the winter months and its Not as natural as the soil and sand mix, and yeah it does stick to them, I have only used it a couple of months and had no problems with it, but like you say, Its just so un-natural, I'm gonna go back to the soil and sand mix too.

Yours
Joanne
X
www.tortoises.piczo.com

#24 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:55 PM

Hi Calamity Jane, thanks, so you are getting 5 more Hermanns, thats great, what are their approx. age?...T.T.

#25 Guest_p1glet_*

Guest_p1glet_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:23 PM

TT i have a few tables here yes sort of trail run is what i did, not all tables where furnished with it two hatchling tables and two adults i will be honest and say it does seem ok with the adults so may stick with it for them its just the amount they take in when feeding i'm worried about but not keeping my babies on it just scared of something happening to them you need try it see what you think everyone has there own opinon on all tort matters its what suits the individual i suppose

#26 Guest_Terrific Tortoise_*

• Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:03 AM

Hi Darren, well I was far too busy today to try some Hemp, and I still have not bought any yet, so its something for the near future. I will try it with my adults, only trouble is, they may not emerge from hibernation till early March?!...T.T.

#27 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 01:03 AM

Hi Paul,
Not sure of their age but they will be about 6-8cm, It will probably say on the certificates the year they where born,
I'm really excited to get them:) I will post some pics when i get them.

Yours
Joanne
X
www.tortoises.piczo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users