1 reply to this topic

#1 mildredsmam

mildredsmam

Advanced Tortoise Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:13 AM

Attached File  d2.jpg   35.87KB   0 downloadsAttached File  d1.jpg   34.94KB   0 downloads

And this is what happens when those who think the supermarket diet is ok!!! A f#%k up of a tortoise. Handed over yesterday by someone who had to be clever to acquire her from the owners who knew better. This tortoise is now struggling, the eyes show it. I am currently her 5th home that we know of, so the stress from moves will not be helping her to cope with deformities. Now I have to form a plan for her! And clean up someone else’s mess. Vets come across situations like this all the time and can’t moan or put it out to the public. But I can. If you have a tortoise, research,research and then do more research, and keep them as close to how nature intended within constraints of captivity, as you can. Supermarket produce is junk food Nd will lead to health issues and in this case early death. All because an owner thought they knew what a tortoise should eat. Like keeping a dog on bread! It would probably survive but would be a pitiful example. Or a child on sweets, sugar would keep child alive but what condition would their body be in. These, people can see are wrong, so with tortoises many are blind to the effects of fruit, salad and veg diet.

#2 NANACAZ

NANACAZ

Tortoise Forum Newby

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Walking dog, watching my tortoise.Holidays

Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:40 PM

OMG that's terrible and so sad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users